Ciao Bella Bows

Monday, October 13, 2008

Reagan diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes

As many of you know I have two children, Ryan is 7 and Reagan is 3.  We recently had a scare with our sweet little girl.  We had to take her to the ER on Oct. 4th and she was immediately admitted to the ICU at Wolfson's Children's Hospital in Jacksonville.  We spent 24 hours in the ICU with her before they had her system stabilized enough to allow her to move out of ICU.  Reagan was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and thankfully we were aware of the symptoms (since my husband is diabetic) and took her to the hospital before her condition was desperate.  Needless to say, those 4 days we spent in the hospital were very difficult.  Thankfully Reagan is an amazingly strong little girl.  She has been home for several days now and is handling her new routine like a champ.  

Even though I will never understand why this happened to such a little angel, I do know that we will work together to ensure she is happy, stays healthy and lives a beautiful and enriched normal life.  I wanted to thank everyone for the warm wishes we received when news of Reagan's condition got out.  We truly appreciate all the kind words of encouragement and prayers.

Thank you,  Ann Marie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad she is ok. Diabetes is rough and thankfully she was diagnosed early. I'll be checking in for updates.

Lauren said...

How funny...my name is Lauren too. I found your blog while looking for tuxedo bow instructions. My daughter Stephanie was diagnosed with type 1 in 2000 when she was 10 months old. My husband was diagnosed with adult onset type 1 only three months later - with no history in his family at all. My daughter just went on the pump last Tuesday and so far things are looking good! My husband goes on in a few days. Your bows are beautiful and your website is an inspiration to me. Best wishes to you and your family.